Yikes! Ruby is almost 8 months and we haven’t recapped month 7 yet! While Justin has been awesome enough to keep up with writing the past few months’ happenings, I decided it was time for me to finally write another post! Things have been pretty hectic for me as of late. Everyone tells you how hard it is to be a working mom, but let me say, this hard? I had no idea. Between the sleepless nights and growing list of work assignments, I have had a pretty difficult time remaining sane. But alas, enough about me, let’s get to the star of this blog, and of our hearts, Ruby-doo (a.k.a. the Rubester, Ruby-licious, Miss Ruby, etc…).
This little baby was very busy during month 7. It is truly incredible to see her developments and how much her curiosity is peaked. We call her our “supervisor” since she looks very intently at anything we do, almost like she’s making sure we are doing it right.
- Almost clapping her hands – I say almost because she bangs them together but keeps one in a fist the whole time. She does it pretty hard so it looks like she’s threatening to beat you up!
- Can shimmy on her tummy backwards and around, always in search of new toys.
- Month 7 brought much needed sleep to our house. Like a lot more. There were a few nights were she slept 10-10.5 hours without waking up. Crazy town! On average though, she woke up at least once a night, but still slept 9-10 hours overall. That was my favorite part about month 7.
- She mastered sitting up on her own. She loves to sit and play with her toys. It’s still her her favorite thing to do.
- She tried a splash pool and real pool. Loved both.
- She’s still trying more solid foods. She tried peas, squash, apple, zucchini, and banana during this month.
- Hosted/attended her first happy hour.
Not so great moments:
- She had a cold on and off for the better part of the month. We took her to the pediatrician and had her checked out. Apparently, when babies start daycare it’s not uncommon for them to have back-to-back colds or for their immune system to just be “dealing” with little things. Luckily, she had no other symptoms so it was just dealing with lots of congestion and snot.
So for the most part, everything is going well with our little butterball. We are amazed every day at how much we love her. It’s insane. As for mom and dad, well, we are also doing great. Since she’s started to sleep better, we are back to feeling like human beings again. We even hosted happy hour one night! We are also getting better at finding time to spend with each other. It’s not a lot of time, but 30 minutes here and there where it’s just the two of us. We talk, talk like we used to, about absolutely nothing and laugh at the ridiculousness of our conversations. The last two months have been the hardest so far (for me) in our baby journey, and I’m so grateful for the help we have received from family. Also, as hard as it got, I was always thankful that it was Justin beside me. I really can’t imagine going through this journey with anyone else. <3
Now let’s recap this month in pictures! My favorite part!