It is so crazy that our little Rubydoo is already one year old! In some ways the year has flown by, but somehow, it has also been the longest year of our lives (probably something to do with being awake for more of it than any other year ;-)). It has been so much fun to watch our daughter grow into the little person she now is. We’ve had our share of ups and downs, but I think we are finally getting into a better groove, and while still hectic, life seems to be running a little more smoothly. Now to recap the last month!
- We definitely have a walker. It was not long after figuring it out that she has really taken to it and wants to walk all the time, even if she doesn’t necessarily have somewhere to go.
- Ruby has been doing a good job of getting the hang of wearing shoes while walking around
- She has gotten especially excited when we let her walk outside. She’s always loved being outside, and I think she’s especially intrigued by the ability to now explore the great wide world on her own (with much supervision of course, haha)
- We have all remained a little healthier this month. With daycare always comes on-and-off sniffles, but nothing too major this month.
- Sleep has gotten a lot better. She is never ready to stop the fun, so we still get a little fussing at bedtime, but for the most part, she’s been doing very well.
- She’s been babbling more and more and has really taken to pointing at things of interest.
- We’ve been working on using utensils, and she is starting to get the hang of her spoon (i.e. every 10th try she gets a piece of food in her mouth, haha)
- She touched her first frog! (a milestone I’m sure her mom loves, haha)
- We have been dealing with lots of teething this month (finally!). While we thought she was teething earlier, we are finally actually seeing some teeth break through! She’s going to need them with all the food she has been eating. 🙂
- We decided to try egg a little early, and Ruby wasn’t quite ready for it. Within minutes, she had broken out in itchy hives all over. Luckily, it started clearing up fairly quickly and wasn’t bad enough to cause any wheezing or breathing problems, but it was still a bit of a scary moment. It was sad too because she really seemed to love them!
- Combining the teething with another cold has lead to a bit of a regression in sleep on the cusp of her birthday, but we’re still chugging along.
I couldn’t really decide if I wanted to do a full year recap or just a 12 month post, so I think it will be a little bit of a blend. For the most part, it will be the last month, but I’ve extended her 6 month video to a year (so get ready because it is kinda long!) and recapped her monthly photos to really see the progression. 🙂
And now the video! It is on the longer side (~16 minutes), but it includes most of our favorite clips from our first year with our munchkin! I added a little background music (all songs with “Ruby” in the title of course), and if you want to just watch the last 6 months, you can jump to about 7:00.
And before her official 1 year photo (which has become quite the production, haha), here’s a little recap! 🙂
And we made it! There were times that I wasn’t sure that we would keep up with our monthly posts, but we actually held it together. 🙂 After this, we’ll probably post a little more randomly (event-driven instead of time-driven), but we will definitely try to make sure we never let it go too long without some kind of update. Still hard to believe that we no longer have an infant!