What a hectic month 11 has been! This post will be a little shorter on pics than usual, but the reason will soon become apparent 🙂
- Lots more finger foods! She is really enjoying feeding herself and has started to become less and less interested in purees
- Some of her favorite finger foods include chicken, black beans, watermelon, and peas
- We pretty much have a walker! She has been taking more and more steps on her own and gets so excited when she actually covers some ground
- She’s also started communicating and mimicking more. She knows the sign for “more” (which she uses often during mealtimes), holds her hand (or whatever she is holding) to her head when she see’s someone on the phone or hears it ring, and has gotten better at waving goodbye.
- After hitting a low with regard to sleep (as I’ll describe in a second), we have finally started to get things back on track and her sleep has definitely improved
- I think I caught the cough/congestion that Ruby had and, since me getting it was soon followed by about 3 nights of really terrible sleep, it really got a hold of me and I was sick for the better part of about 2.5 weeks
- Ruby’s sleep got worse to the point where she was waking up and needing soothing about every 2 hours. Especially not good when sometimes the resoothes could take 1-2 hours. This pushed us to finally look into some sleep training
- As if sleep training wasn’t enough, her cough and congestion turned into her first ear infection
- Not long after I recovered and was able to fully help Maricruz again, she managed to contract Strep throat.
- In addition to all that, we are finally seeing some changes in Ruby’s gums that look like some teeth are imminent. The fun just didn’t want to stop this month!
While this has been a really hard month with everything going on, it has still been awesome to watch the munchkin spend more and more time on her feet. She’s really starting to be a little person! Hopefully things will continue to be a little smoother sailing, and I’ll be able to put together a nice big post to celebrate a year. I can’t believe we almost have a 1 year old!