Half a year with our little dude! Going through this whole process again has been crazy enough, but with two kids it is an entirely different beast. Not a lot of downtime, but lots and lots of love! 🙂
- Tried more solid foods this month, including zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, and apples
- Getting better at tummy time and having an easier time rolling from back to belly when he wants
- Really improving sitting up. Still topples over when he gets distracted, but has definitely gotten more stable
- After checking old blog posts, looks like the guy has caught up to (and slightly surpassed) his sister and weighed in at over 19 lbs
- Becoming more aware of things, and reaching/lunging to try to grab things nearby. Definitely have to pay a little more attention when you are holding him now
- Now that we’ve gotten more on a schedule, his naps have improved at school. Not 100% where we would like them, but definitely better than they were
- He’s getting more used to the car rides as well. I rarely get complaints unless he is cranky tired, and in those cases he is usually asleep pretty soon after
- He finally got to meet his BB and Gahgi! He had a lot of fun with hanging out with them and watching his crazy sister 😉
- He’s fairly chatty. The clearest word is “dadda” which changes in tone/inflection upon his mood.
- His affinity for his sister grows by the day. We can get him to smile if we work for it, but she just needs to enter the room and he’s all smiles.
- First ear infection! Also led to his first round of antibiotics. Poor little guy was so pitiful!
- While not terrible, he still wakes up at least once or twice a night, usually for mommy. While he was sick that got even worse, but it is usually fairly manageable when he is well. Won’t complain when he consistently has longer stretches though!
I realized when gathering photos that we have definitely been pretty light on the picture taking lately. With the move and getting settled and everything that has been going on in our lives the past couple of months, I guess our shutter clicking fingers have been tired! Hopefully, we’ll start having a more settled life in the coming months, and we can hope that results in more photos! If not, I’m just going to have to start experimenting with all my GoPro mounts haha. It’s also been a little crazy (plus my computer is a bit on the fritz), so Arlo might have to just wait for a full 1 year wrap up video. No 6 month this time. Sorry buddy!